A shorter post this morning as I try and catch up from M being sick:
Today is a recipe from my mother’s stockpile of favorites. It seems I tend to weight my blog down with calorie-laden desserts (which is also a good possibility why I struggle to loose weight…)
This brownie is made with egg whites, whole wheat flour, and not a lot of butter. Each brownie square comes in under a 100 calories and yet, the dense brownie texture (and flavor) is still there! So, if you want a delicious brownie without having to feel too guilty, I really suggest you try these. They also freeze well just in case you are tempted to eat the entire pan!
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ cups natural cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup walnuts, crushed *optional
- Preheat oven to 300˚.
- Mix together ingredients and spread into a lightly greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brownies are set.