Must run outside.
Like seriously, the weather is gorgeous and all I want to do is be outside. So, there is really no surprise that a lot of my cooking is happening on the grill. This recipe was inspired by the “buffalo-wing” turkey burger I made a couple weeks back.
I really enjoy pineapple, onions, and barbecue together (especially on a pizza) but these burgers were delicious.
Okay, for too nice outside to sit and type!
- 1 package ground turkey meat
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 4 slice red onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon oregano
- 4 slice cheese
- 4 buns
- Light grill and lightly spray a large enough sheet (for the four patties) of aluminum foil with oil, set aside. Get another piece of aluminum foil and place onion slices, pineapple, and butter inside. Fold up tin foil and create a package. Cook on grill with burgers.
- In a bowl, combine meat with garlic powder, pepper, and oregano. Mix together with your hands and divide meat into four patties. Flatten each patty to ¼” and place on aluminum foil.
- Place aluminum foil and cook burgers until almost done and scoop burgers to top rack. Pour off juice from tin foil and fold edges up. Place bbq sauce aluminum foil and place burgers back into bbq sauce. Continue to cook until done (flipping half way through.) Once done, place cheese on top and let cook until cheese melts.
- Assemble burger with lettuce, burger, pineapple, onion, and any other topping you may want.